Re: [Help-glpk] [Bug-glpk] [Fwd: preprocessing goes into infinite loop]

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Bug-glpk] [Fwd: preprocessing goes into infinite loop]
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:01:00 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi Andrew, Xypron, John Perry

To:           Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
From:        "glpk xypron" <address@hidden>
Date:         Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:29:18 +0100

> Hello Andrew,
>
> I suggest that the problem due to missing bounds should
> be gracefully detected and a meaningful message should
> be displayed to the user.
>
> Best regards
>
> Xypron

This issue is noted in the GLPK wikibook:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Known_issues#Unbounded_integer_variables

And has caused traffic on this list in the past.

I agree with Xypron, graceful failure would be an
improvement over the current behavior.

Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]