[Help-glpk] glpk java

From: Fabrizio Caruso
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk java
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:10:11 +0300

I am trying to install a java interface
for glpk.

I first found the one at http://bjoern.dapnet.de/glpk/
which does not really work: it loads
the problem and correctly reports the number of rows
but when asked to solve the problem it says
the problem has no rows.

I later found out about the newer interface
at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net/ which
requires compilation but fails to compile:

I followed the instructions found in the file INSTALL
(Makefile in the swig directory seemed ok to me and
therefore I only run makefile in the main directoryB)

The problem is that "make" produces the following error:
"
src/java/glpk_wrap.c:133:17: error: jni.h: No such file or directory
"
(despite the fact that jni.h is in my system)

I have:
Ubuntu 9.10
latest glpk (4.43) installed and working
java version "1.6.0_0"
gcc 4.4.1

I have also tried to include in Makefile
the directory where jni.h
is found (/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/include):

# installation path of the include files
SWIG_FLAGS := -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
-I/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/include
# copy version-info from glpk package: src/Makefile.am
VERSION_INFO := 28:0:28
# copy revision from glpk package: configure.ac
REVISION := 4.43
# installation path for package
prefix = /usr/local

but with the same result.