[Help-glpk] Re: sample.c example compilation error in Visual Studio 2005

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: sample.c example compilation error in Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:41:59 +0300

>    I am using Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt to compile this c code.
> For C++ code we use the follwing cl /clr filename but to complie C code I
> used cl /tp sample.c. I first get the following errors glpk.h file not
> found. I copied this file to the root directory where I am compiling the
> sample.c code along with glplib.h and other files. After resolving this I
> get another error sample.obj : error LNK 2019 unresolevd external symbol
> _glp_lpx_set_reference in function_ main .Please advice how to solve this
> issue.

On invoking cl you should additionally specify the directory, where
glpk header files are placed, and the glpk library file, i.e. something
like this:

cl /Ic:\glpk\include yourfile.c c:\glpk\glpk.lib

For more details about cl options see microsoft documentation.

To compile glpk you can use the batch file Build_GLPK_with_VC6.bat
included in the distribution (see directory w32).