Re: [Help-glpk] difference between lpx_xxx and glp__xxx functions

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] difference between lpx_xxx and glp__xxx functions
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:10:37 +0300

> I'm starting to look at glpk at the C api level,
> When I look at some examples I have, it use numerous
> "lpx_xxx" functions (like lpx_set_prob_name) but the provided
> glpk.ps mention only the "glp_set_prob_name" function.

Routines prefixed with 'lpx' are old api routines (introduced about
5 yrs ago). Eventually they will be replaced by new, improved api
routines prefixed with 'glp'. However, all the old api routines, which
are _documented_ (starting from version 4.0), will be also available
for backward compatibility.

> So my questions are :
> - are all lpx_xxx function deprecated in favour of the glp_xx ones?
>    (but there is some lpx_xxx functions in the glpk.ps doc)

You can use both 'lpx' and 'glp' versions of the same routine, though
it is recommended to use the new, 'glp' version.

> - is there a list of official functions?

Please see the glpk reference manual (glpk.ps).