Re: [Help-glpk] MIP solver: stopping and continuing

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MIP solver: stopping and continuing
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:33:05 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, address@hidden wrote & MH reformatted:

> I need to stop every n iterations the MIP solver,
> check if some constraints need
> to be added, then continue solving from where I was.
>
> The problem is: I don't mind starting over again when I add a constraint,
> but I
> would like to see the MIP problem continue if I don't add any constraint.
>
> If I just call lpx_integer again, the iterations number increases, but the B&B
> tree starts from the beginning.

lpx_integer has no provision for restart.
As I see it, you have three choices:

1. Find a sufficient surrogate for your test.  Live with the false positives.
Absent information about your test,
we have no hint whether this would be practical.
2. Use IOS.
IOS has hooks for lots of things.
Absent documentation, this might be difficult.
3. Edit the source to include your test.
If a surrogate cannot be found, this might be the easiest.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Two roads divurged in a woods, and I took the road less travelled by...