RE: [Help-glpk] having problem with solver (numerical instability ?)

From: Sayan Mitra
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] having problem with solver (numerical instability ?)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:04:49 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for your response!

However, it is not clear to me how I can scale this problem. The large
number M arises from the "Big M" method for linearizing products of
binary and real variables. As I have mentioned before, if I reduce M,
then the solver complaints with :

lpx_simplex: numerical instability (primal simplex, phase II)

Best regards,
sayan