help-global

Re: gtags and emacs on WinNT

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: gtags and emacs on WinNT
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:01:52 +0900

Hello,
I interpreted your descriptions like follows:
Is it right?

(...) is my comment.
        Global(1) cannot access GTAGS on network drive.
Environment:
        WindowsNT (version unknown)
GLOBAL version:
        version 4.0 compiled by DJGPP.
        (But it may be version 4.0.1 because Jason Hood's port is 4.0.1.)
How-To-Repeat:

        [UNIX]
        1. Make GLOBAL's tags at directory '/xxx/src'.
           ('xxx' unknown.)

        [WindowsNT]
        1. Map above directory '/xxx' as a network drive 'V:'.
           (I cannot understand the word 'mount' in WindowsNT
           but I think it means 'network drive'.)
        2. Select V: drive. No problem.
                C:\> v:
                V:\>
        3. Change directory to 'src'. No problem.
                V:\> cd src
                V:\src>
        4. 'GTAGS' is found at V:\src.
                V:\src>dir GTAGS
                ????????????????????? GTAGS
                V:\src>
                (I forgot DIR's format.)
        5. Global command failed like this:

                V:\src> global xxx
                global: GTAGS not found.
                V:\>

By the way, I don't have WindowsNT environment.
Are there any person who encounter above problem?
> Hello,
>
> I don't know I hoped that you can help me with answering my question. I have
no idea what more  details I can provide.

> What happens:
>
> 1. I build 4.2 globals from source on Sun and build successful all G* files i
n root of my source tree. This all on Sun UNIX

> 2. I mount that source directory to WinNT and I see it as drive V: where my s
ource started at V:\src

> 3. I downloaded 4.0 binary of global build for DJGPP from web link mentioned
at global home page

> 4. I run the global executable in a v:\src asking for some tag to find
>
> 5. I have got message: "global: GTAGS not found."
>
> 6. I set env variable GTAGSROOT=V:\src
>
> 7. I run the  global executable in a v:\src asking for some tag to find
>
> 8. I have got a message: "global: directory 'V:\src' not found."
>

> I assuming I should use different format for setting GTAGSROOT variable, Coul
d anybody tell my which? Thank you very much.