[h-e-w] Re: Another problem with MinGW shell in Emacs: directory trackin

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Another problem with MinGW shell in Emacs: directory tracking
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:50:51 +0200

I tried Cygwin.  I like the ease of setting it up: I got its bash
working well with cygwin-mount.el under Emacs in no time.  (Plus the
time it takes it to download all kinds of stuff I selected in the
setup program.  It's so easy to get greedy when you see the long list
of useful things it provides.)

But it would be really nice if I could get MinGW working, too.
I like the "minimal" in its name ;-)

Hm.  Maybe MinGW also has mount.exe and it's sufficiently similar to
the Cygwin one.  I shall try.

Kai