Re: [h-e-w] print-NT.el

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] print-NT.el
Date: 10 Oct 2001 23:27:25 +0100

"Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> writes:

> If I visit a file remotely with ange-ftp, and try to print, some package is
> trying to kick off the lpr command remotely via rsh.
>
> I am using:
>
> (defun nt-ps-print-buffer ()
>   "Print buffer using postscript."
>   (interactive)
>   (if ps-print-use-faces
>       (ps-print-buffer-with-faces ps-lpr-buffer)
>     (ps-print-buffer ps-lpr-buffer)
>     )
>   (ps-print-lpr-buffer ps-lpr-buffer)
>   )

What is ps-lpr-buffer set to?  And what does ps-print-lpr-buffer do?
>From the looks of the print-NT.el you posted, setting the TEMP
environment variable to a specific directory (including drive letter)
might help.

But perhaps you should try NOT using the above function and all the
settings associated with it, and try setting just `printer-name' to
the port or UNC path to your printer.

--
Jason Rumney