bison for nlp

From: r0ller
Subject: bison for nlp
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 17:32:24 +0100 (CET)

To whoever it may concern,

I'm using bison to create an open source nlp tool and it's kind of useable
already (see online demo at https://r0ller.github.io/alice). The bison source
itself is generated from the grammar rules (which can at most be binary
branching) that are stored in an sqlite db file along with all other specs of
the language being modeled. The rules of course cover the grammar while the
actions carry out semantic checks. The phonological and morphological analyses
are covered by foma (https://fomafst.github.io) which also uses bison.

The biggest handicap of it currently is that it has no configure and makefiles
so it's tied to the development platform (NetBSD) unless one modifies the build
scripts which is fortunately not that tough as usually you just need to modify
some paths like that of the includes and libraries. If anyone is interested,
besides the online demo there's also an android one on the project page (which
is available in the play store too). Check it out at:
https://github.com/r0ller/alice/wiki#platform-and-use-case-examples

As I mentioned the whole stuff is open source and free so please, don't take
this as an ad. I just wanted to say thank you to all who develops/maintains
bison by showing what you made possible.

Best regards,
r0ller