Fwd: are there user defined infix operators?

From: Uxio Prego
Subject: Fwd: are there user defined infix operators?
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 17:53:52 +0100

More specifically, I'm curious to know if Bison can modify precedences
at parsing time according user sentences, now referring as user not the
programmer who wrote the *.y doc but the programmer writing a program
parsed by the parser generated from the *.y doc.

I can think of pre defining all symbols and punctuation as operators in the
*.y doc (so the user can use them or not) so leaving defined unmodifiable
precedences while leaving each operator execution for post parsing.

That’s something I guess I could achieve, because I'm already generating
a syntax tree out of the parsed doc, and executing it in a later stage after
some semantic analysis out of Bison.

However, if Bison could react to some rule reconfiguring the way it sorts
precedences, I would find that rather interesting.

Thank you very much,