Re: Bison error handling

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison error handling
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:06:26 +0100

On 12 Dec 2008, at 15:14, sgaurelius wrote:

So, you re saying to do the first and add more errors as I find more errors.
Yeah, I guess this is the optimal.

Since it goes deep until finding the first error, it will print messages for
all errors or for the most basic one ? The latter is better I think.

It really depends on how detailed error recovery you want. Error recovery was important in the days when one used punch cards, and it might take days to get it run.

Today, when one is working interactively, it is efficient to just fix the problems as soon as they appear.

You might want discussing this in the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers.

  Hans