Bison error handling

From: sgaurelius
Subject: Bison error handling
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:39:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

if I want to define, exactly what messages or actions bison should do when
an error occurs, what should I do. From what I 've searched, either I can do

1) what is says in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/bison_9.html
or
2) what is says in
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-flexbison.html?ca=dgr-lnxw16FlexAndBisonErrorHand

The problem with the first is, that I have to strictly define all the
possible errors and messages for the whole grammar, whereas I would prefer a
more abstract solution.
The problem with 2) is that, it doesn't really defines exactly the messages,
only it enriches them. So bison produces better messages, without the
programmer to define what it'll print or do, when an error occurs.

Do you know some other way or give some piece of advice for one of those
two?

Thanks,
Stratis