Re: bison location tracking ..

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: bison location tracking ..
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:15:07 +0200

At 11:29 -0700 2004/06/09, Vardhan Varma wrote:
>  The perfect way of doing thins is certainly welcome,
>but lesser-learned of the tribes must use what's
>availble today.

The Bison default location tracking method may not be worth the effort.

It is not difficult to tweak the skeleton file: In the output parser,
locate the place where locations are assigned, and then find the
corresponding portion in your skeleton file. Then write in what you want
instead, in a new skeleton file called say my_lalr.c. Invoke it by giving
Bison the startup option
  --skeleton=my_lalr.c

  Hans Aberg