Re: Help fixing NativeMessaging host: read 32-bit message length in nati

From: guest271314
Subject: Re: Help fixing NativeMessaging host: read 32-bit message length in native byte order
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 18:56:54 -0700

> He already tested GNU head(1) and acknowledged that it behaves the
way you claim.

Then what's the controversy?

> If you're content to require GNU tools, just say so.

I have no idea what you are specifically talking about. Sounds like
politics. Are you sure you want to commence to engage in a political
discussion with me about one system or the next? I might not give a damn
about any particular system and exploit them all equally for my own
political interests.

The goal of creating a Bash Native Messaging host is because I have been
experimenting on Debian and *buntu for a few years now, and that shell is
shipped by default in Debian and *buntu. I have not gotten around to
running Chimera Linux, yet. I have used Busybox's http server standalone.

I don't think you want me to proffer an opinion on Linux and GNU. The
author of Linux did his thing. I will use whatever means necessary to
achieve the given technical requirement. While not entertaining a
particular preference for any.

Why the hell would somebody try to write a Bash Native Messaging host? The
post on SO said "Bash is a terrible tool for processing binary data.".
Well, all claims must be reproduced to be true and correct, until then they
are just claims. So I didn't get into this giving a damn about Linux vs.
GNU drama. It was about determining if the claim was correct, if we were
not just missing something simple, right in front of us, like head.

In coding there is always a solution - write the code. As I stated, I
invite PR's https://github.com/guest271314/NativeMessagingHosts. Explain
why you propose merging a non-GNU branded/licensed programming tool. That
means you have to write somebody else can reproduce.

Now watch. ..., this how science works. One researcher comes up with a
> result. And that is not the truth. No, no. A scientific emergent truth is
> not the result of one experiment. What has to happen is somebody else has
> to verify it. Preferably a competitor. Preferably someone who doesn't want
> you to be correct.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson, May 3, 2017 at 92nd Street Y

Kind regards,
/guest271314/