help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Testing for ellipsoidality

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Testing for ellipsoidality
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:04:51 +0100

Hans Aberg wrote:
-------------------

> Freedom of speech laws have precedence over commercial laws. There was a
> case in the US, where an artist used Baribies dolls in an exhibition, which
> the company making these dolls wanted to block. But the court deicded that
> the exhibition was not commrecial an dtherfore the freedom of speech took
> precedence.

You've made your wishes clear and I will respect them.  I don't go looking for
trouble, so I try to avoid legal battles if at all possible.

> So I think what matters is if a person has violated the potential commercial
> rights.
>
> As for the things I write to you, my concerns are mainly mathematical, that
> what ends up in formal public is logically correct, and really nothing else.
> So if you get such informal comments from me, or any mathematician, which
> are not directly intended for publication, and want to publish it, you are
> expected to make sure the stuff ending up in the publication is logically.
> correct.

This is fine with me.   I am bound by the policies of the FSF, and copyright
is a serious matter, which is why I brought up the matter of copyright papers.
 I understand your point of view and appreciate your help.

Laurence