heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] tentative plan

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] tentative plan
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:42:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 01:50 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
If they are a virgin user, then any study they get will be a "formal
statistically well designed study."

If they are a virgin user and if there are several "formal
statistically
well designed studies" (aka a "formal study") then the study in which
they
participate wil be randomly chosen.

If they are a veteran user, then they *may* be offered an informal
study.
If they are offered a formal study, then their data will be
sequestered
apart from the virgin data.

They *may* be offered a choice of studies.

Actually we already have this because each rating has a timestamp.  So
we can arbitrarily decide the number of ratings it takes for a virgin
user to become a veteran user.  Or do you have something else in mind
when you talk about virgin vs veteran?

yes, something else in mind, i think.

the idea is if you are a virgin, then you go through a little intro
just like in my dissertation, then you take the survey (maybe it would
be preferrable to have it time limited?) then you get a little debriefing.
then you are done. at this point you are no longer a virgin....hrm, i suppose strictly speaking that if you read the intro and then quit or fill
out n items and then quit then you are no longer a virgin as well.

but this seems like a premature detail. lets get the %*&(*&!! dissertation replication happening (this is me trying to spur myself -- ouch! (-:) and then we can obsess about the precise operational definition
of virgin, or perhaps levels of virginity.  (with all these reference to
"virgin" we are sure to get lots of hits now!!)

bill

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)