heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] Re: squeak

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: squeak
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:03:13 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 07:19:06PM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > Billy is not crying.  Billy is picky...Picky picky, because actually the
> > singular form is "erratum" not "errata" I believe.  (-;
>
> Here's a change I want to make as soon as possible which I doubt
> you will find controversial.
>
> I want to explicitly parameterize the appraising-agent.
>
> This change doesn't have any impact on your Study #3.  However,
> it will be required information for participant submitted
> cues & appraisals.

Short Answer: At this level of detail it sounds like a fine change.

Long Answer: For the first set of web studies we do where the goal is to
replicate my dissertation findings this change would be invisible to
research subjects, right?  But, yes, once the research subjects
have done their dutiful participation in the replication study
we definitely want to be able to allow them vary the appraising
agent.  E.g. if toby wants a cookie and daddy turns on the television
how would george bush feel about it?...i'm not categorically against
adding more variables to the model, but also believe you have to
walk before you can run...in other words, we might want to focus our
modeling effort on handling a relatively constrained set of cases
before tackling full blown complexity.

Bill