Re: [Health] Hospital computerisation with GNUHealth

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Hospital computerisation with GNUHealth
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:40:38 +0200

Hello Yusif,

Am Montag, 17. Mai 2021, 17:33:29 CEST schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

> I write to invite interested party for the project of hospital
> computerisation at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), see website for
> details: www.akth.gov.ng
>
> The above attachment is an invitation to tender for a projects, which
> computerization included.

Thank you for sharing this information!
I had a look through the document and as well onto their website.
GNU Health is already live in teaching hospitals around the world, and most of
their services should be covered by existing functionality

> Although I have been working personally to make recognisable progress with
> gnuhealth for Akth and other private clinics, but unfortunately due to lack
> of local technical team members & other support, my dream is yet to be
> achieved.
>
> It may looked difficult on the account of the conditions for the project on
> the advert, but I am sure the hospital management may agree to provide
> favorable conditions, especially if the objective of this project will be
> achieve in the favor of the hospital.

My impression from the tender document was, that they have some quite high
entry barrier (see a-f in the document), which could potentially only be
fulfilled by a local company. Their focus is clearly not a free software
solution, which they could implement by themself, with some support from
external and the target of buildig up local knowledge. Probably they are not
aware of ths option and how free software works.

Registration fee of around 20€=10.000 Naira is more a symbolic price.

> While waiting for your response on this subject, I will try to also discuss
> with some of the management team on this matter.

Le us know how this goes, we are happy to support you in these discussions.

Cheers
Axel