Re: [Health] Tryton-server

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Tryton-server
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 17:31:50 +0200

**** please ask via address@hidden *****

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2020, 15:58:30 CEST schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

[...]

> OK...so what versions of GNU Health do you use? What is your base system,
> and are client and server o the same machine?

1) use the latest GNU Health and enjoy additional functionality, as described
in https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Quick_Start
(as you have already GH installed, after adding the respository you need to
run
zypper up --allow-vendor-change )

2) If you install the client in the same virtualbox, can this client connect
to the server?

3) In order to allow the server inside a virtual machine to receive connecion
requests from a client outside of that machine yo need to:

3.1) open port 8000 in the firewall (or switch it off *for testing purposes
only*). Use the firewall module in YaST.

3.2) Set the network mode of the virtual box to 'Bridged' (normally VBox uses
NAT as network mode, so the server receives a local address and is not visible
from the outside. In bridged mode, it gets an address from the DHCP-server in
the network)

Please try the above and report back!

Best,
Axel