Re: [Health] FW: help on installing gnuHealth

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] FW: help on installing gnuHealth
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 19:52:53 -0300

Hi Ronald

2011/10/9 ronald munjoma <address@hidden>:
> Good day,
> Zodman, Debian does have Tryton packages,  version 1.6. (in Debian stable),
> if I am not mistaken Debian unstable/testing should have 2.0.1 version.
> (http://tryton.debian-maintainers.org/)
> Ubuntu 11.10 which should be shipping this week will have version 2.0.1
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/tryton-server)
>
> Godfrey, I tried to install Tryton 2.0.1 from sources on Ubuntu 10.04 and
> 11.04 Server with no luck. (I will keep trying till I get it right, will
> keep you posted)

Let us know were are you getting stuck. We've installed for different
implementations in these versions.

> I have successfully installed on Ubuntu 11.10 beta (sudo apt-get install
> tryton-server).

The good thing about sources is that you don't depend on the version
pre-installed for that OS. You also can easily install it in a
specific filesystem or home directory, giving you more flexibility.

>  Then followed the GNU Health install instructions from
> here:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/medical/wiki/installation#InstallingGNUHealthonTryton
> Note the following on the Installing the GNU Health Modules
> section:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/medical/wiki/Installing%20the%20GNU%20Health%20Modules
> Configuration in Tryton (section)
It should not if you have all the modules in place (check for
trytond/modules/health* )
> Installing the health_profile threw errors about unmet dependencies on the
> other GNU health modules. The only module that did not depend on the other
> Health Modules was Health. Trying to install the health module will throw
> errors about unmet dependencies.
> I had to first install the Party, then Currency (required by company), then
> Company and lastly the Product (which can be installed with Health module)
> modules. After installing the above modules I then installed the Health
> Module and the rest of the GNU Health modules after wards.

Cheers

--
Luis Falcón
GNU Health