Re: [h5md-user] fields of observable group

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] fields of observable group
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:39:43 -0400

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 02:32:25AM -0400, Pierre de Buyl wrote:
> Well, with this reminder, I consider that the actual naming scheme
> is set for 0.1
> Every plural is where it should be (parameters and observables).

Good thing you mention the parameters group:

I propose to drop this common name, and let a program use its
program name instead (e.g. “halmd”). A common name such as
“parameters” suggests that the group's structure is somewhat
standardized, which is not the case. More importantly, this avoids
the confusion of trying to resume with *parameters* written by a
different, incompatible program.

What do you think of this proposal?

Peter