h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] adapting h-client for python3/GTK3

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] adapting h-client for python3/GTK3
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 21:07:02 +1100

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

On Mon, 04 Oct 2021 21:07:16 +1100 Yuchen wrote:
When it is "single player" like the past month or so, just using the bug tracker makes sense

id have to disagree there - an issue tracker is not a discussion
forum - it is for confirmed work items and bug reports (which
are likely to graduate directly into work items) - if arbitrary
discussions are mixed with actual work items, both become more
difficult to locate in the future

I am concerned with a different problem with the bug tracker on savannah, namely that bug reports and updates don't get into emails, so no one is notified apart from project admins. One way to fix it is using debbugs, whose adoption would make more sense if the project was more active. A workaround is that I can forward every bug report to the mailing list, but not updates / follow-ups. This way people get notified and can follow up if they want, and I don't have to duplicate every update on a bug item.

--
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>