h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] adapting h-client for python3/GTK3

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] adapting h-client for python3/GTK3
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:11:25 +1100

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

Damien Zammit writes:
> h-source repo contains:
>    h-client  h-source  scripts
>
> Why don't we commit the latest version of h-client under > h-source/h-client on savannah?
>
> Or if we are going to maintain two repos, should we delete > the > old h-source/h-client folder and push the commits for > h-client > to the h-client savannah repo?

either is fine by me - there is no technical reason to merge
them - they share no code, for example - any benefit would be
purely workflow/maintenance related - the client repo could
actually remain separate _and_ grafted onto the server tree as a
sub-tree - alternatively, bob told us that savannah projects
support multiple repo per-project - that seems like the ideal
plan: a single project with two repos and shared mailing lists -
we would only need to create a new dev list and start using it

I agree - to keep deployment and maintenance clean and simple, I'd like the h-client tree separated out of the h-source repo. I will request an h-client repo under this project.

also, if it is decided to merge the two projects, whichever bug
tracker would be used today, may be abandoned soon anyways - in
that case, there would be some administration to do - we would
probably want to request that the 'h-client' savannah project be
destroyed at the same time, so that it will not appear to be
abandoned, then add the h-source bug tracker to the website, and
so on - those are the more important and more urgent concerns to
iron-out

If the h-client savannah project is destroyed, does that mean all the artefacts including the mailing list archive and bugs will be gone as well? If so then perhaps it is better to simply place a redirection notice there.

--
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>