gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] New PEG: email_storage--marc

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] New PEG: email_storage--marc
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:52:42 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:39:29AM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
Tuomas Lukka wrote:

Is it allowed to just define our own access-type like that? Or should we use a "x-..." type or ask IANA for an identifier?

I don't think x-types are allowed either, but have to check :-/ -- but it may still be a good way to mark that we're not using a registered type. I think registering means publishing an RFC, which at this point seems overkill (esp. as we're *not* sending e-mail with these access types, which is what the RFCs assume).

Still, it's important to adhere to standards - let's not pull a Microsoft.

Yes, that's true. I'll take a careful look at the standards today and report back.

Coming up with a format for sending email bodies as enfilades is, of course, another issue entirely...

Yes. One that *will* need an RFC.

Hey, that's a good idea :-)

So we should submit:
- Storm