[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mon, 1 Nov 2021 11:10:12 -0400
Great to see that you sent the patch that we worked on from the guix packaging
To add more stuff to your commit I recommend the following workflow:
1. Make additional changes to the cookbook file.
2. guix shell texi2html -- texi2html doc/guix-cookbook.texi
3. Open and check the generated html file with your web browser.
4. git add doc/guix-cookbook.texi
5. git commit --amend --no-edit
6. git format-patch -1
7. email patch again to firstname.lastname@example.org
With the above workflow I recommend adding an entry in the TOC for the FAQ
Note that `git format-patch -1` only takes the last commit so if you add more
commits you'll need to adjust that command.
`git commit --amend --no-edit` does not open your editor to modify your commit
message. If you'd like to then remove `--no-edit`.
Another guix contributor might prefer that section to be called something else
or not so let's wait to hear from others.
I don't have commit access so someone else will have to review your changes
also and merge them.
[bug#51538] First Patch Submit Ever: Additions to the Cookbook Documentation, Disseminate Dissent, 2021/11/08
[bug#51538] (no subject), jgart, 2021/11/08