guix-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code 2023 Inquiry

From: Spencer Skylar Chan
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2023 Inquiry
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:41:16 -0400

Hi Simon,

On 3/11/23 08:32, Simon Tournier wrote:

- Creating Guix manifests from `conda env export`

It is not clear for me what would be the path to tackle this.

Here are the prior mails about this:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-03/msg00020.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-03/msg00023.html

Another idea could be to assist with experimentally showing cases where Conda is not reproducible, per this thread on Guix Science:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-science/2023-03/msg00005.html

It seems that there's some work being planned, I wonder if some of it could be extracted into a GSoC project.

Feel free to ask more questions in guix-devel or guix-science or
gwl-devel mailing lists or IRC libera.chat #guix or #guix-hpc.

Thanks - not super familiar with IRC yet but I'll learn!