guix-devel

Re: RISCV porting effort

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: RISCV porting effort
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 03:46:21 +0200

Most of you are probably aware that a RISC-V effort is going on in GNU
Guix.

Ekaitz is working on the GNU Mes bootstrap and Efraim is porting
packages (gcc and clang are ported), both NLNet projects. Also with
our NSF project we are using GNU Guix for emulators and running on
bare metal! We have submitted two talks at ISCA 2022 and both got
accepted in workshops.

https://www.iscaconf.org/isca2022/program/workshops.php

The Case for Using Guix to Solve the gem5 Packing Problem
https://www.gem5.org/events/isca-2022

The Case for Using Guix to Enable Reproducible RISC-V Software &
Hardware
https://carrv.github.io/2022/

I'll help co-present our GNU Guix effort in New York. It is very
exciting to present to these open hardware and industry people because
RISC-V is a heterogeneous platform and I hope they get interested in
GNU Guix to solve their portable software development challenges!

Pj.