guix-devel

Re: GNOME in Guix

From: Leo Prikler
Subject: Re: GNOME in Guix
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 15:02:12 +0100

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2020, 14:43 +0100 schrieb Danny Milosavljevic:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 04 Nov 2020 10:45:06 +0100
> Leo Prikler <leo.prikler@student.tugraz.at> wrote:
>
> > But we already know all this from our earlier discussion.
>
> I *know* you already know that--but "we" don't.  I want someone to
> actually
> proceed further, because I cannot.  Hence I posted this on guix-devel
> (for the first time with an easy short recipe to follow).
Ah, okay.  I'm still a bit confused, given how verbose that recipe was,
but I get where you're coming from.

> Thanks.  That is what I wanted to know.
>
> I tried guix environment -v 99 -d 1 and it adds nothing useful,
> especially not
> how the other libgobject got in there.
>
> So I still want to know.
I think some important information gets lost here, because you already
built most of the packages.  You could try garbage-collecting them and
then start anew, but then you'd be building the entire profile at full
debug info.  Interestingly, nothing shows up for the generation of
profile.drv, which might indicate, that there are not actually two
packages in there.  It's at least a bit suspicious.

Having received the path of the profile.drv, you might now want to look
at what packages it references (recursively), specifically all mentions
of glib.  (Use emacs-guix for quick navigation through .drv files.)

For the record, in case you forgot to note the .drv, my profile
containing glib-with-documentation and gobject-introspection is

/gnu/store/cl1wz5wsgjy208n330z4p9f5kljzixp2-profile.drv

Regards, Leo