guix-devel

Speeding up guix?

From: yarnton
Subject: Speeding up guix?
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 01:59:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'm periodically testdriving GuixSD with the intention to migrate several workstations and servers in my organization. It's very exciting to see Guix is quickly catching up with Nix and NixOS despite being much younger.

A slightly annoying aspect of Guix that IMHO should be improved is download speed. I haven't inspected any code, but it seems to me that Guix is reopening a connection for downloading every item? If so, that's a bit wasteful, and makes things unnecessarily slow even with a good connection.

Thanks.