guix-devel

Re: https://guix.gnu.org/packages ?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: https://guix.gnu.org/packages ?
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 16:22:52 +0200

Hi,

zimoun <address@hidden> skribis:

> Is someone really use this interface [1]?
>
> [1] https://guix.gnu.org/packages/
>
> Because, when I need something, I prefer to use this one [2].
>
> [2] http://hpc.guix.info/browse
>

> Does it make sense to replace the interface of [1] by the interface by [2]?

A goal for [1] was to have a JS-free interface.  It’s necessarily
limiting (no search interface), but I think it’s good to have.

A solution would probably “progressive enhancement”: add a search box
etc. when JS is supported.

It would also be nice to preserve the design and layout that sirgazil
came up with.

Help welcome!

Ludo’.