guix-devel

Re: [BLOG] rust blog post

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: [BLOG] rust blog post
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:38:49 +0200

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 04:19:01PM -0800, Bengt Richter wrote:
> Hi Pierre, and apologies to Efraim...
>
> On +2019-11-26 14:01:10 +0100, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> > Bengt Richter <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > >     be a binary. Its... both? Javascript libraries leave  distro
> >
> > Typo: "It's".

It's one of the ones I have a hard time with. When I remember I'm great
with it.

> I noticed that too, but it's Efraim's typo,
> as is the entire text: I merely reformatted Efraim's post
> into a sort of rfc-style, i.e., Left-and-Right-justified.

Thanks

> So, credit to Efraim for the:
>
> > Interesting read, thanks for sharing.
> > Do you intend to publish it on Guix' blog?  If so, I think the tone
> > might come across as a little bit too "rantish", maybe make it a little
> > more neutral / balanced.

Definitely wasn't aiming for rantish, I'll see what I can do about
making it better. It was more of a stream-of-consciousness typing and I
figured I could go back and rework it later.

> > I'd also elaborate the intro / conclusion to make the context a bit
> > clearer and maybe explain what you think should be done.

Sounds like a good idea.

> > Cheers!
> >
> > --
> > Pierre Neidhardt
> > https://ambrevar.xyz/
>
> Efraim, thanks for your work -- I didn't mean to hijack it, honest :)
> Sorry for not making it clear that I was just reformatting your post ;-/
>
> Ah, perhaps Pierre merely clicked reply-all and he really was thanking you,
> Efraim,
> and it just appeared to be directed toward me because of the "> Bengt Richter
> <address@hidden> writes:"
> heading?

Likely. I normally hit reply-all for mailing list posts

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר