guix-devel

RE: guix gc doesn't seem to clean old guix revision

From: YOANN P
Subject: RE: guix gc doesn't seem to clean old guix revision
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:07:51 +0000

> Like Julien, I find it surprising: where does that “default” come from?
> Did you mean “/per-user/default” or really “/default”?  If the latter,
> something’s really fishy.  :-)
> Ludo’.

Hi ludo,

I provided a reproducible case with how i arrive at this "weird" state in
a previous email.
But to answer your question, this is the difference after just invoking
'guix pull'.

$ sdiff -s <(docker exec -i guix-test-1.0.1 sh <<<"namei
/root/.config/guix/current") <(docker exec -i guix-test-latest sh <<<"namei
/root/.config/guix/current")
 l current -> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix    |         l
current -> /var/guix/profiles/default/current-guix
   d per-user
    |      d default
   d root                                                     <
     l current-guix-1-link -> /gnu/store/rrhs9c8k0vbpirqplfzh  |             l
current-guix-1-link -> /gnu/store/ls30zsp76w3nxkggkpb1
       d rrhs9c8k0vbpirqplfzh2bf1xczr3zan-profile                    |
d ls30zsp76w3nxkggkpb1s6sdj5v2zzfl-profile

I don't know from where this 'default' come ^^

Regards,