guix-devel

FOSDEM is coming!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: FOSDEM is coming!
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 15:21:24 +0100

Hello Guix!

FOSDEM is coming, friends!  We have very few days left to submit talks
in developer rooms.  The following tracks seem to be relevant to us:

  • Minimalist languages:
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2019q4/002916.html>
    (deadline: Nov. 26th).

  • HPC:
    <https://hpc-bigdata-fosdem20.github.io/>
    (deadline: Nov. 29th)

  • Containers:
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2019q4/002888.html>
    (deadline: Nov. 29th)

  • Dependency management:

<https://www.fasten-project.eu/view/Events/FOSDEM_DevRoom_Call_For_Presentations?u=sNMbKejjLY2y5ia>
    (deadline: Dec. 4th)

  • Testing & automation:
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2019q4/002897.html>
    (deadline: Dec. 10th)

  • Distributions:
    <https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2019q4/002936.html>
    (deadline: Dec. 1st)

And there are more: security, Rust, etc.; see
<https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-10-01-accepted-developer-rooms/>.

Full disclosure: I’ve submitted a talk on Guix-Jupyter in the HPC track,
as well as a general Guix “main track” talk (chances are low for this
one, but it’d be nice!).

It’d be nice if you could present what you’ve been doing in or around
Guix there, particularly in tracks that would allow us to reach out to
people we don’t usually get to talk to.  There’s been a lot of work on a
variety of hot topics: bootstrapping (Mes & co., Rust, etc.), Guix Home,
Guix Data Service, ‘guix deploy’, GWL, Guix on ARM, etc. let’s talk
about it!

I also think we ought to be in the minimalist languages track and in the
distro track, and it’s even better if it’s not the same person as usual.
:-)

Ludo’.