guix-devel

Re: Guix in Docker for automated CD/CI of complex software

From: Vicente Eduardo
Subject: Re: Guix in Docker for automated CD/CI of complex software
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 19:41:39 +0100

I don't want to create a docker image of my software from guix, I want to run guix inside docker in order to have a portable installation of guix for common ci/cd enviroments.

Here's the metacall schema: https://github.com/metacall/distributable/blob/53caad582cd097c5e92798bf0ec16660bfc4030c/source/metacall.scm

My idea is to generate a zip with all libraries self contained, rather than a Docker image.

El vie., 22 nov. 2019 15:23, Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> escribió:
Hi,

Am 21.11.19 um 15:41 schrieb Vicente Eduardo:
> In order to achieve this I have developed a Docker image of Guix
> (https://github.com/metacall/guix) based on Alpine Linux. I work a lot

I'm curious: Why are you not just using `guix system |docker-image` to
create the docker image directly?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel