guix-devel

Re: Guix in Docker for automated CD/CI of complex software

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Guix in Docker for automated CD/CI of complex software
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:34:13 +0100

Dear,

Thank you for pointing this interesting project.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 15:23, Hartmut Goebel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 21.11.19 um 15:41 schrieb Vicente Eduardo:
> > In order to achieve this I have developed a Docker image of Guix
> > (https://github.com/metacall/guix) based on Alpine Linux. I work a lot
>
> I'm curious: Why are you not just using `guix system |docker-image` to
> create the docker image directly?

I have not dived into the details but I am also curious about:
 - how do you package? I mean where is the scheme definition of
"metacall" when you do "guix build metacall ..."?
 - why do not use "guix pack -f docker" to generate your Docker image?
I am sure that I missing a lot of details. :-)

All the best,
simon