guix-devel

Re: Stackage LTS 14

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Stackage LTS 14
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 01:58:23 -0500

Hi again,

Timothy Sample <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I have a really weird problem.  When I build “git-annex”, I
> build
>
>     /gnu/store/5i2x293qn45dwg2rv6vy45s0r9jbnv8l-git-annex-7.20191024.drv
>
> and it succeeds.  On the build farm, it’s
>
>     /gnu/store/fj5kyjkblxzcxbs6di1kd29j6fpsjvgk-git-annex-7.20191024.drv
>
> and it fails.  I’ve tried “clean-go” and indeed “git clean” followed by
> bootstrapping and configuring again.  This does not help.  I took the
> log from the build farm and diffed it with my local build log, and all
> the interesting parts (e.g., the store paths of everything that goes in
> “GHC_PACKAGE_PATH”) match exactly.
>
> Any ideas?  It would be helpful if someone tried on another machine and
> check if it matches the build farm or not.  It’s probably something
> silly, but I can’t figure it out.

I just built this on another machine, and I get the same results as my
first machine.  Maybe something strange has happened on the build
farm....

> Here’s the list of failing packages.  [...]

Here’s an updated list.

Help wanted:

    ngless-0.9.1.x86_64-linux
    xmobar-0.28.x86_64-linux

These two look like they just need to be updated.  They both seem to
need a few new dependencies, though.  For instance, “ngless” needs four
new Haskell packages for the most recent version.  It should be
straight-forward.  There are a lot of options when building “xmobar”,
which is why I’ve been avoiding it.  Depending on the options, it needs
different dependencies.  If we have any “xmobar” users, I would love
your input for the update!  Otherwise, I will do my best to make
reasonable (if rather uninformed) choices.

Broken before GHC update (i.e., should not block merge):

    beast-0.10.0.x86_64-linux
    hedgewars-0.9.25.x86_64-linux
    rapicorn-16.0.0.x86_64-linux

“Works for me”:

    git-annex-7.20191024.x86_64-linux

Could be deleted:

    ghc-haddock-api-2.19.0.1.x86_64-linux – needed for haddock
    ghc-haddock-2.19.0.1.x86_64-linux – haddock is already provided by GHC
    corrode-0.0.1-b6699fb.x86_64-linux – no updates in years

> Finally, there are some packages that have unneeded other versions now.
> For instance, we used to have newer versions (than LTS 12) of some
> packages for Idris.  Those packages could probably be deleted, but I
> need to track them all down.

This still needs doing, but I’m pretty sure it’s just “ghc-megaparsec-7”
and “ghc-network-2.8”.

-- Tim