guix-devel

Re: Stackage LTS 14

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Stackage LTS 14
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 00:16:11 -0500

Hi all,

Timothy Sample <address@hidden> writes:

>> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Yes, you can take over wip-haskell-updates.
>
> Great!  I’ve pushed a new branch with updated Haskell packages.  It’s a
> little messy yet, but I want the build farm to help me find build
> problems before cleaning up too much.  I updated all the packages using
> “guix refresh”, and then built and fixed enough to build “ghc-aeson”.
> There were a lot of problems, some of which I fixed with “squash!”
> commits that I can squash later.  (I’m hoping that using “squash!”
> commits to fix the “guix refresh” commits will make collaboration
> easier, but maybe it will just give me a headache later when I have to
> squash everything – we’ll see!)

The build farm seems to have stalled, but I have not!

I have “xmonad”, “darcs”, “ghc-pandoc”, and “git-annex” all building
(locally) on top of GHC 8.6, which means that we’re nearly there.
Unfortunately, the mess is getting to be too much, so I plan to clean it
up tomorrow and then push a new, cleaner version of
“wip-haskell-updates”.  There are few minor things to discuss, which I
will gather as I tidy up the commits.

After that, I’m hoping that some others will help with a few of the
final problems (especially the R packages, about which I know little).
I have not checked on Agda or Idris yet either.  In any case, you might
as well wait until I do the cleaning.

Stay tuned!

-- Tim