guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:11:11 +0100

Hi!

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> skribis:

> I don't think we should release 1.0 until at least
> <https://bugs.gnu.org/34454> and <https://bugs.gnu.org/34528> are
> fixed.  Trying a new distribution only to find your favourite programs
> are crashing would be a _terrible_ first impression.

Do we have any leads on this IceCat issue?  I use IceCat daily and never
have any problems of this sort, FWIW.

> Personally I would like to include the latest GNOME as well as the GCC7
> branch for bells *and* whistles.  But that's still a few months off...

Ideally I’d like to release by the end of April.  It’d take more time if
we were to wait for the ‘core-updates’ merge; but that’s OK: there’ll be
a 1.0.1 or 1.1 release, too.  :-)

The GNOME branch may be mergeable on time, along with ‘staging’.
Ricardo?

Thanks,
Ludo’.