guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 14:46:03 +0100

> Hello Guix!
>
> When we said we’d try to release 1.0 for FOSDEM, we were talking about
> FOSDEM *2019*, which is well over now, so I think we need to get our act
> together and complete the remaining tasks for 1.0.  :-)

On the plus side, we still have a lot of time left for FOSDEM 2020...

I don't think we should release 1.0 until at least
<https://bugs.gnu.org/34454> and <https://bugs.gnu.org/34528> are
fixed.  Trying a new distribution only to find your favourite programs
are crashing would be a _terrible_ first impression.

Personally I would like to include the latest GNOME as well as the GCC7
branch for bells *and* whistles.  But that's still a few months off...