guix-devel

Re: Guix libification.

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Guix libification.
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:04:59 +0300

Mike Gerwitz (2017-06-10 10:42 -0400) wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 12:08:21 +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
>> The script is becoming bigger and some parts of Guix would be really
>> handy : (guix records), (guix workers), (guix utils) ...
>>
>> I don't want Guix to become a dependency of my script but copying parts
>> of Guix in not great either. So I'm wondering if some parts of Guix,
>> useful to other guile projects could be integrated to a lib, guile-lib
>> for instance ?
>
> 1+
>
> I use (guix records) for a few projects.

I also needed similar functionality, but since I didn't want to depend
on guix modules, I just copied another solution made by David Thompson:

  https://git.dthompson.us/sly.git/blob/HEAD:/sly/records.scm

It is a very simple module, but it provides all I need from "records",
so I'm happily use it in my code.  Thanks, David!

--
Alex