guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 19:23:07 -0500

On 12/11/14 16:53, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:00:39PM -0500, Felipe López wrote:
>> Here is a variant of the SLiM theme with the GNU:
>>
>> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu.png
>>
>> This one has the GNU head as well but all elements are centered on the
>> screen (needs modification of slim.theme file):
>>
>> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu-centered.png
>
> The first one is much better, I think. The second one is too symmetric and
> vertically stacked. Something to try, maybe: As in the grub screen, make
> the gnu more subtle, like a watermark in the background. But then it would
> need to be moved away from the wave; maybe more to the top left of the screen,
> "riding on the wave". Something you could also try independently of the
> watermark, by the way.

I tried the watermark head, but it is difficult to make it work. If I
put it away from the waves, then it will be completely separated of the
rest of the elements in the interface.

The only decent position I could find for the head as a watermark was this:

http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu-watermark.png

The GNU head overlaps with the waves, but the same happens in the other
variants.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/