guile-gtk-general

Re: Simple menu example - append throws error

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Simple menu example - append throws error
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:24:08 -0300

Hello Patricio,

> > Yes, indeed, I'm sorry about this, but you'll have to use the 'long names'
> > for
> > know.

> Ok, not a problem.

> I installed guile-cairo-1.10.0 and the current guile-gnome-platform 2.16.4
> as per your instructions, and the issue persists.

Yes indeed, we know that, but it is very important you took some your time to
install
these latest releases, full of bug fixes and improvements, mostly under the hood
though. It is also important because if you (later have to) report a bug, the
first
thing we would ask is if you run the latest g-wrap, guile-cairo and
guile-gnome, and
now you're good!

As an extra note and for info, we also have a clutter binding you might be
interested to look at, at least for curiosity. Guile-Clutter is a bit more
complicated to install (it depends on 'old' cogl and clutter version that you'd
need
to install manually, this is explained in length on Guile-Clutter's web site, if
strictly following the steps, it is not that complicated either :).  Then I
wrote
some examples...

        http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/clutter/
        http://www.nongnu.org/grip/examples.html

        [ Note that we do not have a ClutterGtk binding

Cheers,
David