guile-gtk-general

Where do I start?

From: Stephen P . Schaefer
Subject: Where do I start?
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 07:45:37 +0000 (UTC)

I want to build a GUI program in scheme in the Fedora 8 environment, which means
I have guile-gnome-platform-2.15.93.  Five pages into the tutorial I attempt

bash-3.2$ guile-gnome-0
guile> (make <gboolean> #:value #f)

Backtrace:
In standard input:
   1: 0* (make <gboolean> #:value #f)

standard input:1:1: In expression (make <gboolean> #:value ...):
standard input:1:1: Unbound variable: make
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

Perhaps make is in a module I haven't loaded.  Or maybe the tutorial hasn't kept
up with the API which doesn't use make any more.  Or the tutorial is ahead of
the API and make isn't available in this version.  I'm just beginning with this
environment, so I'm clueless.

Where do I go for clue?  What did *you* read to learn this environment?  I'm not
afraid of source code, but which 20 files should I read first?

Your suggestions much appreciated.

    - Stephen P. Schaefer