Re: Merging Guile-R6RS-Libs in `master'

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Merging Guile-R6RS-Libs in `master'
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:57:06 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed 22 Apr 2009 17:53, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> Perhaps we could create a branch so that you could experiment things?
>
> What would it have? Module versions?

Yes, to start with.

> We should probably take advantage
> of the occasion to separate the variable namespace from the module
> namespace.

Oooh, Andy, you are subversive.  ;-)

Honestly, I'm not yet a 100% convinced that we should get rid of it.
I'm well aware of its shortcomings (inevitable name clashes, mostly),
but it feels like a natural fit in a system with first-class modules.
Admittedly, I'm still in search of a problem the hierarchical name space
could solve, but, hey, who knows?  :-)

I'm also slightly concerned about compatibility issues if we remove it.

Thanks,
Ludo'.