grub-devel

Re: normal mode chainloader

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: normal mode chainloader
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:38:46 +0200

Quoting Tomas Ebenlendr <address@hidden>:

> > Oh, ok :)
> >
> > How about the patch for module loading in grub-emu?  Are you
> > working on that as well?
> Yes, but very slowly. I don't understand binutils and linker very much,
> but I want to learn it. Now I want to get executable whith
> grub-compatible elf header. (If I fail, I can compile modules with header
> compatible to dlopen.)

As far as I know you could use normal GRUB modules, no?  so you can use
the same normal.mod as is used boottime.

Would you have a problem with me trying to implement this or do you have too
much already?

I have some problems with the implementation of the relocator for the PPC
and I think it is easier to debug if I can use grub-emu for this.

Thanks,
Marco