grub-devel

Re: normal mode chainloader

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: normal mode chainloader
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:46:52 +0000

address@hidden (Tomas Ebenlendr) writes:

> Okay, here is the patch without dependency symbol. (I hope it is GCS
> compliant now.)
>
> Changelog:
> 2004-06-21  Tomas Ebenlendr  <address@hidden>
>
>       Added normal mode command `chainloader' as module chain.mod,
>       which depends on normal.mod and _chain.mod.
>
>       * conf/i386-pc.rmk (pkgdata_MODULES): Add chain.mod
>       (chain_mod_SOURCES, chain_mod_CFLAGS): New module.
>       chain.mod is build from chainloader_normal.c
>       * include/grub/i386/pc/chainloader.h: New file. Exports
>       body of chainloader command.
>       * include/grub/i386/pc/loader.h (grub_rescue_cmd_chainloader):
>       Deleted prototype.
>       * loader/i386/pc/chainloader.c (grub_rescue_cmd_chainloader):
>       all but arguments parsing moved to ...
>       (grub_chainloader_cmd): ... this.
>       * loader/i386/pc/chainloader_normal.c: New file. Defines the
>       command chainloader.

Because no one objected when I said I would commit the patch (and
Okuji told us a long time ago this is the right way), I have committed
this patch with some minor cleanups in the patch and changelog entry.
I am sorry I kept you waiting this long.

Later this week I will do the same as you did for the other loaders
(linux, initrd and multiboot).

Tomas, do you have any pending patches that still need to be applied?
I have the feeling I lost track of some.

Thanks,
Marco