Re: Release Candidate 1.23.0.rc1

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: Release Candidate 1.23.0.rc1
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 20:26:12 +0100

Hi Bertrand,

Bertrand Garrigues via wrote on Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:04:05PM +0100:

> Release candidate 1.23.0.rc1 is now available from GNU's alpha ftp.
> The version can be downloaded here:
>
>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/groff/.

I updated the OpenBSD port for testing purposes and ran the mandoc
test suite in reverse mode (= groff-testing mode), and apart from
the known regression that the ASCII apostrophe-quote is now misrendered
(on which the discussion seems to have stalled without reaching a
conclusion), i so far found no further regressions.

I also posted the work-in-progress port for public review
on the OpenBSD ports mailing list:

  https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=160529500629494

Yours,
  Ingo