Re: UTP Revisited: scoping the project

From: Larry McVoy
Subject: Re: UTP Revisited: scoping the project
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 11:08:30 -0700

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:02:43PM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> By the way, Vim's infinite undo clearly violates the published
> standard (POSIX is clear that u undoes u)

I'm pretty sure there is a variable you can set to get vim to conform
with the standard.  That said, I consider vim to be a significant upgrade
to the original to the point that if it isn't installed, I install it.
Pretty much any advatage emacs had went away with vim (unless you want
your editor to be your operating system, fine if you like that, just
not for me.  Emacs in general is not for me, I lived in it for a year
and then gave up and went back to vi/vim).