Re: [Groff] Re: verbatim text in mom?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: verbatim text in mom?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:03:35 -0500

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:08:44 -0500, Peter Schaffter wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2004, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> >> Does mom provide a possibility to set verbatim text?
> >
> > Not sure I understand the question.  If you mean does mom have
> > facilities for formatting cited text within a document, the
> > answer's yes (see the QUOTE and BLOCKQUOTE sections of the docs).
> >
> > If you mean something else, could you elucidate?  Thanks.
>
> I mean like for instance having source code which will not be formatted in
> any way. It should be in a non proportional font by default.

Yes, mom does this.  The macro for it is

    .QUOTE
    line for line text of verbatim text
    .QUOTE OFF

By default, mom sets the text in QUOTE in italic, or, if you're
using PRINTSTYLE TYPEWRITE, underlined.  To get what you want (i.e.
a roman, non-proportional font), do

    .QUOTE_FAMILY C \" Assuming you want courier
    .QUOTE_FONT   R \" Assuming you want roman

before the first invocation of QUOTE.

See the document section "5.4.8 Quotes" for further explanation.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)